Tickets needed to be collected and traded at the Prize Tent. Each reward required a certain amount of tickets to be traded in to be earned. There were six phases of prizes, each started 2 weeks after the previous. The first phase was Fireflight which began on July 16, 2015. The second phase was Frozen Floe which began on July 28, 2015. The third phase was Goldenleaf which began on August 10, 2015. The fourth phase was Boulderbright which began on August 21, 2015. The fifth phase was Spark in the Dark which began on September 3, 2015. The sixth and final phase was Grand Finale which began on September 15, 2015. The Great Dragon Faire was the first event that allowed players to choose their rewards in any order they wished.
- - - - - - -
What is The Great Dragon Faire?
The Great Dragon Faire's objective was to collect tickets.
The "Info" section of Rewards section in The Great Dragon Faire Help Menu provided a display of the info box for their respective rewards which were viewed by clicking the reward after obtaining it.
The Great Dragon Faire started with a tutorial explaining how the event will work.
The process of this tutorial can be viewed in the gallery to the right.
The tutorial took a few minutes to complete from beginning to end, but players received 150 as a goal completion reward after completing the tutorial.
When enough tickets were collected they were able to be traded in for rewards.
Players were able to select which reward they wanted in what ever order they wished. There were six phases of rewards, each starting about two weeks after the previous phase. Each phase added new rewards for players to choose from.
Throughout the event, players were also able to make a wish by tossing a coin into the Wishing Well. This was counted towards a community total. As the event continued, the bar on the well filled up, and on September 1, 2015, all players who had participated in the event were rewarded with the Wishing Well as a prize, as well as one "wish", as a "special gift from Backflip Studios". This allowed the player to claim a single item from an extended market, including many limited content.After the Wishing Well was collected, players were no longer able to make a wish at the well on The Great Dragon Faire Island.
Backflip Studios FAQ Help Tent
Below are images of the entire FAQ guide, and the videos in it are in the gallery section of this page:
- On July 15, 2015, Update 3.1.0 was available in the App Store and Google Play, and included a brief description about the The Great Dragon Faire. However, the event did not begin until the following day and only a few minor changes were made upon updating the game such as a different loading screen and DragonVale icon.
- The Great Dragon Faire began on July 16, 2015 and ended on September 22, 2015.
- To obtain The Great Dragon Faire rewards, a player needed to turn in tickets at the Prize tent from July 16, 2015 to September 29, 2015 even though after September 22, 2015 no new tickets could be collected.
- The Great Dragon Faire is only available to players that have reached level 11.
- The Great Dragon Faire was the first event to permit the player to select rewards. Previous events required rewards to be earned in a predetermined order.
- On July 17, 2015, Backflip Studios made it possible to collect twice the amount of tickets from completing the tasks in The Great Dragon Faire event and doubled the daily capacity of tickets. This was a promotion and only lasted for 72 hours.
- When The Great Dragon Faire first started some players were given 1,000 tickets in the tutorial which were then required to purchase a Fire Island Theme to progress through the rest of the tutorial.
- The first time a reward is purchased, the player earns 100 from a goal completion.
- The Great Dragon Faire ended on September 29, 2015, at approximately 17:00:00 (UTC).