Players were given an opportunity to find star dust during normal game play by performing everyday activities. The number of star dust received by repeating those activities gradually decreased throughout the day, but then returned to the original earning rates at the beginning of the next cycle.
Star dust cycles reset every 24 hours at approximately 06:00 UTC.
Star Dust Prices
Star dust can be purchased for:
Regular Star Dust Prices - Double Star Dust Prices
Obtaining Free Star Dust
- Collecting from habitats (dragoncash and gems)
- Collecting treats
- Visiting friends
- Clearing obstacles from islands
- Competing in the Colosseum
- Purchasing from the market
- Completing quests at the Perch of Kairos
- Using Gems to speed up breeding, etc
- Finding Hidden Star Dust
- Hatching (or selling) dragons from the Nursery
Star Dust Amounts
These amounts reset every 24 hours when the star dust in the park reset.
Breeding - Colosseum - Collection - Obstacles - Gems - Quests - Other
|Max Per Day: 40|
|Double Max Per Day: 80|
|Time Span||Star Dust||Double Days|
|15 secs through 5 hours||2||4|
|6 hours through 7 hours||10||20|
|8 hours and more||20||40|
|Depends on the time span of incubation|
|Values are the same for all breeding habitats|
- Star dust was introduced to DragonVale on April 9, 2015.
- On April 17, 2015, Backflip Studios made it possible to collect twice the amount of star dust from completing the tasks in the Star Fall event and doubled the daily capacity of star dust.
- Once a player obtains all the rewards from the Star Fall Event, he or she would not be able to make any in-application purchase to buy more star dust from the market. However, star dust could still be collected by performing the activities such as collecting treats.
- As of May 5, 2015, star dust could no longer be collected from any park activity for players whom did not receive all the rewards.
- The star dust storage meter was removed.