Players were given an opportunity to find Legendary eggs during normal game play by performing everyday activities. The number of Legendary eggs received by repeating those activities gradually decreased throughout the day, but then returned to the original earning rates at the beginning of the next cycle.
Legendary egg cycles reset every 24 hours at approximately 06:00 UTC.
Legendary Egg Prices
Legendary eggs can be purchased for:
Regular Egg Prices - Double Egg Prices
Obtaining Free Legendary Eggs
- Collecting from habitats (dragoncash and gems)
- Collecting treats
- Visiting friends
- Clearing obstacles from islands
- Competing in the Colosseum
- Purchasing from the market
- Completing quests at the Perch of Kairos
- Using Gems to speed up breeding, etc
- Finding the Hidden Egg
- Hatching (or selling) dragons from the Nursery
- Competing in the Burcadian Stadium
- Playing games in the Burcadian Arcadium
Legendary Egg Amounts
These amounts reset every 24 hours when the Legendary eggs in the park reset.
Breeding - Colosseum - Collection - Obstacles - Gems - Quests - Other
|Time Span||Eggs||Double Eggs|
|5 secs through 5 hours||2||4|
|6 hours through 7 hours||10||20|
|8 hours and more||20||40|
|Depends on the time span of incubation|
|Values are the same for all breeding habitats|
- Legendary eggs were introduced to DragonVale on March 10, 2016.
- On March 11, 2016, Backflip Studios made it possible to collect twice the amount of Legendary eggs from completing the tasks in the Legendary Egg Hunt event and doubled the daily capacity of Legendary eggs.
- On April 1, 2016, Backflip Studios repeated this promotion which lasted for 72 hours.