The Dusk Dragon can be bred using a Moon Dragon and a Sun Dragon, in either order, at any Breeding Cave. Breeding must start during the night. Nighttime occurs between 7 pm and 7 am on the day sky, or at any time on any sky considered to be a night sky.
The Dusk Dragon is the sixth reward collected by accumulating a total of 3,025 during the Firefly Festival.
When a certain amount of fireflies were collected and turned in at the Gloaming Gate, a message card would pop up to inform players that the Dusk Dragon could be collected from the "Gifts" section in the Social Menu. When a player collected the Dusk Dragon from the section, the egg was placed directly into the Nursery. Players then had an option to hatch, display, or sell the Dusk Dragon.
During The Great Dragon Faire players were able to purchase the Dusk Dragon for 3,865.
During the Roar of the Rift players were able to purchase the Dusk Dragon for 7,465.
During Suncrest Soirée, the Dusk Dragon could be purchased for 2,000.
The Dusk Dragon can be obtained by collecting a total of 2,000 during The Spectacular Spectacle.
Coin per minute:
|Lvl. 1||Lvl. 2||Lvl. 3||Lvl. 4||Lvl. 5||Lvl. 6||Lvl. 7||Lvl. 8||Lvl. 9||Lvl. 10|
|Lvl. 11||Lvl. 12||Lvl. 13||Lvl. 14||Lvl. 15||Lvl. 16||Lvl. 17||Lvl. 18||Lvl. 19||Lvl. 20|
|July 10, 2014||August 4, 2014|
|December 18, 2014||January 19, 2015|
|September 3, 2015||September 29, 2015|
|December 10, 2015||January 19, 2016|
|February 4, 2016||February 11, 2016|
|December 15, 2016||January 25, 2017|
|August 3, 2017||August 17, 2017|
|September 21, 2017||September 26, 2017|
|November 27, 2017||January 24, 2018|
|March 14, 2018||March 21, 2018|
|July 12, 2018||August 8, 2018|
|September 24, 2018||October 2, 2018|
|December 21, 2018||January 14, 2019|
|May 18, 2019||May 27, 2019|
|June 11, 2019||July 16, 2019|
|August 23, 2019||October 9, 2019|
|December 23, 2019||January 27, 2020|
|May 28, 2020||July 15, 2020|
|September 3, 2020||September 17, 2020|
|April 29, 2021||June 16, 2021|
- In addition to its affiliated decoration, the Dusk Dragon was released along with the Dusk Pedestal, Dawnbreak Edifice, Dawn Pedestal, Dawn Dragon, Gloaming Stone, Gloaming Gate, Celestial Habitat, Firefly Festival Island, and the Twilight Tower.
- On July 9, 2014, the Dusk Dragon's spot appeared in the Dragonarium, along with the Dawn Dragon, even though they had not been officially released into DragonVale yet.
- During the Firefly Festival the Dusk Dragon took 20 hours to breed, but took 30 seconds to incubate.
- On August 4, 2014, the Dusk Dragon's incubation time changed to 20 hours.
- There is a typo in the Dusk Dragon's description. "Hold" should be "holds" to be grammatically correct. This is present in the in-game description and is not an entering error.
- Initially, the Dusk Dragon's selling price was 0 but the selling price was changed on August 4, 2014, to 2,000,000.
- The Dusk Dragon did not have a breeding hint when it was first released.
- The Dusk Dragon got a breeding hint when it was re-released on December 18, 2014.
- The in-game breeding hint state that the Dusk Dragon can only be bred between 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. (19:00 - 07:00); the time is based on your device's internal clock.
- This can be overruled by the Twilight Tower.
- Mal'Gorram is probably a reference to the tv show "Firefly". The main character is named Mal, and a popular expletive adjective in the fictional slang of the show is "Gorram!".
- The exclamation "shiny!" is also part of the show's slang and has a similar meaning to "great" or "awesome".