DragonVale has eight official soundtracks made by Aubrey Hodges in 2011. Aubrey Hodges wanted to create a style that would be pleasant to hear and emotionally lift the player into the right mood for the game. Besides that, Aubrey Hodges chose a handful of instruments to comprise the score such as the Celtic harp, flute, recorder, oboe, clarinet, tambourine, triangle and nylon (classical) guitar. Aubrey Hodges created the soundtrack to give life to the game and to cater a connection to the players and their park, by keeping the mood cheery but not patronizing the audience with all major key bliss. The guiding principles during composition for Aubrey Hodges were simple, elegant and bright.
In conjunction with the release of DragonVale 2.0, Hodges re-recorded the soundtrack with real instruments, instead of digital samples. 
There are also a handful of sound effects. There are different clicking noises whenever you click on something such as the Magic Portal, buying or placing decorations, building habitats, feeding dragons, or collecting dragoncash.
These are the song names; they can be found on Backflip Studios' Soundcloud.
- DragonVale - The New Moon Rejoices (2011)
- DragonVale - In Summer Past (2011)
- DragonVale - Where My Dragon Calls (2011)
- DragonVale - In The Shelter Of Rainbow Wings (2011)
- DragonVale - Good Ol Mossy Went A Wandering (2011)
- DragonVale - Me And My Dragon (2011)
- DragonVale - Our Village (2011)
- DragonVale - Theme (2011)
It is also possible to buy the soundtracks on iTunes which was released on October 24, 2012. DragonVale Merchandise:DragonVale Soundtracks can be purchased for:
|DragonVale Official Theme||1:20||$ 0.99|
|Me and My Dragon||1:16||$ 0.99|
|Good Ol' Mossy Went a-Wandering||1:13||$ 0.99|
|In the Shelter of Rainbow Wings||0:57||$ 0.99|
|Where My Dragon Calls||0:22||$ 0.99|
|Our Village||0:20||$ 0.99|
|In Summer Past||1:00||$ 0.99|
|The New Moon Rejoices||1:22||$ 0.99|
|DragonVale Theme||0:11||$ 1.29|
|Dragon Roar||0:05||$ 1.29|
|Legendary Dragon Roar||0:05||$ 1.29|
- On November 11, 2011, many new dragon sound effects were added to the game.
- On February 15, 2013 (Android) and February 19, 2013 (Apple), new sounds were added to the game.
- On March 15, 2013, there was new music added to the game and the metal element dragons made new sounds.
- On March 26, 2013, ambient sounds were added to the game to make DragonVale more alive.
- On April 29, 2013, all habitats received their own unique sound upon clicking them.
- On October 9, 2013, new sounds were added to the game.
- The Dragonarium has its own soundtrack which is different from the rest of the DragonVale soundtrack.
- On July 10, 2014, new ambient sounds were added during the Firefly Festival event when the background of DragonVale was changed to night version. The ambient sounds include crows, dragons, dusk frogs, dusk crickets, dusk hoots, and dusk loon. These sounds can be accessed by players whom have obtained the Twilight Tower after the event ended.