Cooperative breeding is breeding your dragons with your friends' dragons. A player selects his/her dragon and then the friend they would like to breed the dragon with. The friend does likewise and you both get results.
- The elements that are present in the pair.
- Time of day when breeding the Sun Dragon, Moon Dragon, Dusk Dragon, and Dawn Dragon.
- No other dragons have been shown to be impacted upon by the time of day in which breeding is started.
- Some limited dragons need specific breeding dragons to be bred. E.g. for a Clover Dragon you need a Moss Dragon, and any dragon that contains the plant element.
- The level of the dragon. Backflip Studios has indicated that level 11-20 dragons can positively affect the chances for breeding rare, epic, and gemstone dragons.
- Cooperative Breeding a specific dragon can take several attempts.
- Regular breeding caves cannot be used to breed twin dragons or galaxy dragons.
Note: The order of the dragons being bred does NOT impact upon the result.
How to Breed
To breed, tap on the Cooperative Breeding Cave, which will glow. Then, tap on the "Breed" button, and a menu with two sides, "Dragon one", and "Dragon two", will open. Dragons will be available for breeding once they are at level four or higher, and incompatible or unbreedable dragons will be "greyed out". Players must select one dragon on either side. Once the dragons are selected, press the "Breed" button at the lower center of the menu. To use the same pair of dragons used in the most recent breeding attempt, press the "Retry" button and confirm the re-use of the dragons.
|Breed Button||Retry Button|
- A list of dragons and information about which dragons and/or elements are needed to breed appears, when this section is selected.
When cooperative breeding was introduced to the game, a tutorial explaining how cooperative breeding worked, was started.
The process of this tutorial can be viewed in the gallery to the right.
- Main Article: Breeding
- Main Article: Twin Dragons
- Main Article: Breeding
This is a brief overview of the possible outcomes from breeding.
- Some players have observed that after breeding with The Great Nogard the first time and getting a galaxy dragon, he will not switch out to a Fire Dragon for cooperative breeding.
- The dragon your friends are able to breed with in the Cooperative Breeding Cave is automatically set to the last dragon you used for cooperative breeding. You are able to change it to a different dragon without having to wait for your current breeding to finish. View the dragon's info box of the one you'd like to change to, and click the empty heart on the top left corner. The heart will turn blue when this dragon is selected for cooperative breeding. Note, you will not be able to re-select the dragon busy in your cooperative breeding cave, nor will you be able to select any other dragon busy breeding. It is also not possible to select a dragon while it is participating in the Colosseum, busy in the Fountain of Youth or out on one of the Quests.