Pickle786™ has been nominated by the community to become Administrator. You can discuss his nomination here.
Administrators are members of the community with great knowledge in coding, editing, the wiki's content and Dragonvale itself. Their role is to help the community to function properly as a whole, through the use of tools similar to Wiki Moderators and Chat Moderators, with a few extra ones.
Administrator User ConductEdit
- See Help:Administrators for an overview of advanced editing tools available to admins
- Administrators are responsible for addressing disruption on the wiki by other users, including breaches of civility.
- A good administrator listens to the opinions of other people in the community and tries to find a way to respond to issues or suggestions whether it is as small simple accidental error in a template or opening a forum for discussion.
- An administrator's authority is as large as the community would like it to be.
- Administrators have no right to claim authority over the content and policies of the wiki.
- Administrators do not own the site. They cannot shut out the opinions of others.
- Abuse of administrator privileges may result in a removal of user rights after community discussion.
- Nominees need to show maturity. This includes quality edits, courtesy, and refraining from heavily roleplaying (like wiki "marriage", indulging in "violent acts" toward another user, etc ...)
- Administrators are expected to show good behavior both here and on other Wikis. As their conduct will be associated with this wiki, a block or ban on another Wiki as much as here could lead to demotion.
Traits to look for in a potential administrator include, but are not limited to:
- A kind approach to fellow members of the community.
- Is helpful to other members of the community by trying to answer questions or complaints.
- Is familiar with basic editing in source mode on Wikia.
- Has a well-rounded knowledge of the content in DragonVale
- Is respected by other members of the community.
- Is able to work well with others.
- Seems like their contributions to the DragonVale community would benefit with the administrator specific tools.
- Within 24 hours of opening the discussion, the nominee must post a comment providing information as to why s/he is interested in the position and what qualifications s/he has for the role.
- Within 48 hours of opening the discussion, the Administrator who provided the voucher for the candidate must post a comment providing information as to why s/he supports the candidacy.
- Anyone is allowed to ask questions to the candidate.
- Questions must be clear AND related to the Administrator's job.
- The candidate is expected to answer pertinent questions.
- RESPECT shall be the word of order at all time. Not agreeing with the candidate being possibly promoted does not allow someone to disrespect that person.
- A failure from the candidate to answer a question for more than 24hrs during the discussion(candidate shall be asked for availability before-hand) will result in a cancellation of the upcoming vote.
- After the community discussion has been open for 7 days, one of the current administrators will open the Voting Process, wherein community members can indicate whether they support or oppose the candidacy.