Administrators are members of the community with great knowledge in coding, editing, the wiki's content and Dragonvale itself. Their role is to help the community to function properly as a whole, through the use of tools similar to Custodians and Chat Moderators, with a few extra ones.
Administrator User Conduct
- See Help:Administrators for an overview of advanced editing tools available to admins
- Administrators are responsible for addressing disruption on the wiki by other users, including breaches of civility.
- A good administrator listens to the opinions of other people in the community and tries to find a way to respond to issues or suggestions whether it is as small simple accidental error in a template or opening a forum for discussion.
- An administrator's authority is as large as the community would like it to be.
- Administrators have no right to claim authority over the content and policies of the wiki.
- Administrators do not own the site. They cannot shut out the opinions of others.
- Abuse of administrator privileges may result in a removal of user rights after community discussion.
Traits to look for in a potential administrator include, but are not limited to:
- A kind approach to fellow members of the community.
- Is helpful to other members of the community by trying to answer questions or complaints.
- Is familiar with basic editing in source mode on Wikia.
- Has a well-rounded knowledge of the content in DragonVale
- Is respected by other members of the community.
- Is able to work well with others.
- Seems like their contributions to the DragonVale community would benefit with the administrator specific tools.
Promoting an Administrator
Anyone can nominate someone as a candidate to become an administrator, but nominations will only be accepted for candidates who meet certain conditions:
- The candidate must have been a Wiki Moderator for at least 2 months.
- The candidate needs 3 other users to vouch for him/her. One of these users must be Wiki Moderator/Administrator.
- The candidate must not have received a block on this Wiki since he became Wiki Moderator.
- The candidate cannot be nominated more than once per 3 months.
If these conditions are not met, then the nomination is automatically disqualified. Otherwise, the nomination will remain open for 7 days for all members of the DragonVale Wiki community to discuss.
- The candidate will be notified that they've been nominated by leaving a message on their message wall.
- If the candidate does not wish to be nominated, they can give a statement saying that they decline the nomination, at which point the discussion will be closed.
- One of the current administrators will notify the community of the discussion by editing MediaWiki:Community-corner to update the Community Messages. Someone will also update the Announcements template on the main page.
- After the community discussion has been open for 7 days, one of the current administrators will open the Voting Process.
Nominations can be made HERE
Procedure for nominating
- Make sure your candidate meets the above mentioned requirements.
- Make sure the candidate hasn't been nominated already.
- Should that be the case, you can vouch for the candidate instead of nominating him/her.
- To vouch for a candidate Simply COMMENT that you do so. Remember an Administrator candidate must have another Wiki Moderator or Administrator vouching for him.
- You can Kudos a nomination, but it will BEAR NO WEIGHT on the candidature.
- You can only nominate ONE Administrator per week.