Administrators are members of the community with great knowledge in coding, editing, the wiki's content and Dragonvale itself. Their role is to help the community to function properly as a whole, through the use of tools similar to Wiki Moderators and Chat Moderators, with a few extra ones.
Administrator User Conduct
- See Help:Administrators for an overview of advanced editing tools available to admins
- Administrators are responsible for addressing disruption on the wiki by other users, including breaches of civility.
- A good administrator listens to the opinions of other people in the community and tries to find a way to respond to issues or suggestions whether it is as small simple accidental error in a template or opening a forum for discussion.
- An administrator's authority is as large as the community would like it to be.
- Administrators have no right to claim authority over the content and policies of the wiki.
- Administrators do not own the site. They cannot shut out the opinions of others.
- Abuse of administrator privileges may result in a removal of user rights after community discussion.
- Nominees need to show maturity. This includes quality edits, courtesy, and refraining from heavily roleplaying (like wiki "marriage", indulging in "violent acts" toward another user, etc ...)
- Administrators are expected to show good behavior both here and on other Wikis. As their conduct will be associated with this wiki, a block or ban on another Wiki as much as here could lead to demotion without further notice.
Traits to look for in a potential administrator include, but are not limited to:
- A kind approach to fellow members of the community.
- Is helpful to other members of the community by trying to answer questions or complaints.
- Is familiar with basic editing in source mode on Wikia.
- Has a well-rounded knowledge of the content in DragonVale
- Is respected by other members of the community.
- Is able to work well with others.
- Seems like their contributions to the DragonVale community would benefit with the administrator specific tools.
Promoting an Administrator
Anyone can nominate someone as a candidate to become an administrator, but nominations will only be accepted for candidates who meet certain conditions:
- The candidate must have been a either a Chat Moderator for at least 3 months or a Wiki Moderator for at least 2 months.
- The candidate needs 3 other users to vouch for him/her within a week. One of these users must be Wiki Moderator or Administrator. The nomination shall count as a vouch except in cases of self-nomination. The staff member giving the voucher must create a written post on the nomination discussion board explaining the reasons for supporting the nominee.
- The candidate must not have received a block on this Wiki or another Wiki (This applies for 6 months following the end of the block period).
- The candidate must not also have received a ban on this Wiki's chat site (This applies for 6 months from the end of the ban period).
- The candidate cannot be nominated more than once per 3 months.
- If a nomination is refused due to the candidate not meeting requirements, then it is not considered a nomination and the candidate can be nominated again once the other requirements are met.
- If a nomination is refused due to the candidate not accepting it, then it is not considered a nomination and the candidate can be nominated again at any other time.
Once the nomination is made and appropriate vouchers are received, a member of the Administrator team will leave a message for the candidate asking if s/he accepts the nomination. Upon acceptance, a highlighted discussion forum will be opened to allow members of the DragonVale Wiki community to discuss the candidate's qualifications.
- Within 24 hours of opening the discussion, the nominee must post a comment providing information as to why s/he is interested in the position and what qualifications s/he has for the role.
- Within 48 hours of opening the discussion, the Administrator who provided the voucher for the candidate must post a comment providing information as to why s/he supports the candidacy.
- After the community discussion has been open for 7 days, one of the current administrators will open the Voting Process, wherein community members can indicate whether they support or oppose the candidacy. This is not a vote for whether or not the nominee will become an Administrator, but whether or not the community supports the candidate moving to the "Admin Vetting" process.
- Clearly state whether you support or oppose.
- One vote per person.
- A small explanation of your vote can be provided but people aren't expected to answer to it. This is meant to vote, not discuss.
- Participant must be registered users since before the nomination of the candidate.
- Sockpuppeting will result in a cancellation of the votes and a block of all perpetrators.
- No questions or discussions allowed. Any non-vote will be deleted.
- Voting will last for a week from the time it started.
- If at least 80.0% of the community votes cast are in "Support" of a candidate then the candidate will automatically become a staff member on the DragonVale Wiki in that role.
- If 60.0% to 79.9% of the community votes cast are in "Support" of the candidate then the candidate will go through a one month probation period with the tools. At the end of the one month if more than 80.0% of the community votes cast are in "Support" of the candidate keeping the tools the candidate will keep them. If less than 80.0% of the community votes cast are in "Support" after the probation period the tools will be removed.
- Users that do not support the candidate in the post-probation voting thread should list at least one point that the user could improve in the probation period, so that the user can use it to improve; the points should be reasonable and not being personal reasons.
- If less than 60.0% of the community votes cast are in "Support" in the vote then the candidate does not receive the tools or a probation period.
- Candidates can be nominated again three months from the end of their probation/end of the vote.
- If the candidate is accepted for promotion, a bureaucrat will make the user rights changes. If there are no bureaucrats, then one of the administrators should send a message to Wikia staff at Special:Contact/general with a link to the discussion/vote and a request to promote the user.
Nominations can be made HERE
Procedure for nominating
- Make sure your candidate meets the above mentioned requirements.
- You can nominate yourself, but it's better if someone else does. Also, you need three vouchers nevertheless.
- Make sure the candidate hasn't been nominated already.
- Should that be the case, you can vouch for the candidate instead of nominating him/her.
- To vouch for a candidate Simply COMMENT that you do so. Remember an Administrator candidate must have another Administrator vouching for him.
- You can Kudos a nomination, but it will BEAR NO WEIGHT on the candidature.
- You can only nominate OR vouch for ONE Administrator per week.