Rollbacks are members of the community who, in partnership with the Administrators, have been given a few additional abilities to help maintain the integrity of edits made to the wiki. While anyone has the ability to undo vandalism, users who have the Custodian right have a special "one click" button to revert a page to the previous edit. This can be extremely useful if a wiki is under a spam attack or someone is attempting to delete or vandalize pages. Custodians are expected to take action independently whenever possible, following the guidelines outlined herein.
Those with Rollbacks rights are able to do the following:
- Rollback spam and vandalism
Rollbacks User Conduct
In addition to page edits made as Wiki members, Rollbacks will:
- Remove any unambiguous spam or vandalism to content pages. Spam may include any comment added that does not pertain to the page content (such as "random comment", "first comment", etc.)
Promoting a Rollback
Anyone can request to be promoted to Rollback, but nominations will only be accepted for candidates who meet certain conditions:
- The candidate must have been a registered Wiki user for at least 2 months prior to nomination.
- The candidate must have 50 edits on main namespace pages(to see if you qualify, you can go here and enter your wiki name). This requirement is meant to demonstrate that they have some knowledge of editing and using templates.
- The candidate cannot be nominated more than once per 3 months.
- The candidate needs 3 other users to vouch for him/her. These can be admins studying the candidature should no one else know said candidate due to low social activity.
- The candidate must have been making QUALITY edits. Upon nomination, at least one admin will ensure that by looking at the candidate's contributions.
- The candidate must not have received a block on this Wiki during the past 3 months.
- If these conditions are not met, then the nomination is automatically disqualified. Otherwise, the candidate is automatically promoted to Rollback.
Requests can be made HERE
Procedure for nominating
- You CANNOT nominate someone else, only yourself.
- Make sure you meet the above mentioned requirements.
- You can vouch for people you know and believe would
- To vouch for a candidate Simply COMMENT that you do so. Remember a Rollback candidates must have another Chat Moderator or Administrator vouching for him.
- You can Kudos a request, but it will BEAR NO WEIGHT on the candidature.