Backflip Studios was a videogame company, based in Boulder, Colorado, United States, which created and published DragonVale. Backflip Studios was founded in April 2009 and discontinued in October 2019. Backflip Studios have had more than 200 million downloads across their various games, which include popular titles, such as DragonVale, Paper Toss, NinJump, Strike Knight, Army of Darkness Defense and ShapeShift. Backflip Studios was best known for the game Paper Toss, which has had 24 million downloads since released and are also known widely for DragonVale, with over 10 million downloads. Backflip Studios games are played by more than four million users a day and 30 million users a month.
Backflip Studios was founded by Julian Farrior, Tom Blind and Dale Thoms in April 2009. By August 2009 they had gained $145,000 to keep designing games for the iPhone. So far they have developed and produced 19 mobile games.
On July 8, 2013, Backflip Studios announced here that it had sold a 70% share of the company to Hasbro, Inc. The company will stay in Boulder, CO and will continue to be run by the current management team.
Since they were founded, in April 2009, Backflip Studios has developed and produced the following mobile games:
Backflip Studios' email addresses:
- Customer Support:
On July 15, 2013 a Community Portal was released by Backflip Studios.
- It lists issues with their games, including DragonVale, and whether they have been fixed or still being worked on.
- Screenshots of and links to each individual message is located on the DragonVale Wiki's Customer Support Portal page.
- Player's under the age of thirteen need parental consent since Android saves through Facebook which requires users to be at least thirteen to have an account.
- Many of Backflip Studios' games have reached the Apple App Store's best selling list.
- Many of Backflip Studios' apps, have achieved top rank status in both the Apple App Store and Google Play.