Boost Calculation Guide to use with the page linked above.
- The Apocalypse Dragon was released along with the Apocalypse Habitat, the Apocalypse Flag and the Pillar of Prophecy on December 17, 2012 as part of Update 1.12.0.
- The Facebook preview and in-game notification stated the Apocalypse Dragon would be available "till sometime early next year".
- An in-game notification later mentioned that the Apocalypse Dragon will expire from the market on January 9, 2013. This date was extended without specific notice to an undetermined time.
- The Apocalypse Dragon is the lowest priced epic dragon to be released to date.
- The Apocalypse Dragon refers in various ways to events predicted to occur on December 21, 2012, which is said to be the date the recording of the Mayan calendar ends:
- "Apocalypse" is often used to describe the end of the world.
- The Apocalypse Dragon has a breeding time of 20 hours, 12 minutes, representing 2012.
- The in-game description references the fear of the "end of the world"; in current mythology, December 21, 2012 was believed by some to be the end of the world, based upon the Mayan calendar.
- The description refers to "the mythic volcano Garita", which is most likely a reference to La Garita Caldera, once thought to be the largest volcanic eruption in the history of the Earth.
- The design of the Apocalypse Dragon evokes imagery of serpentine gods depicted in Mayan historic drawings.
- The selling price and experience earned from hatching this dragon is 122,112 . This refers to the fact that some people believed that the world was going to end on 12/21/12, based on the Mayan calendar.
- The Apocalypse Dragon is the first limited dragon to have its own element.