Basic - Upgrade 1 - Upgrade 2 - Upgrade 3 - Final - Animation
Update 2.3.0 started with a tutorial introducing all new feature of the game, the Dragonarium.
An image of this tutorial can be viewed in the gallery to the right.
Some of the features include identifying a dragon's rarity, identifying a dragon's availability, finding a dragon, sorting dragons by category and sub-category, and seeing how many of a specific dragon the player has in their park.
There are many features in the Dragonarium which require navigation.
Sub-categories can be sorted by "Name", "Level", "Rarity", and "Availability" by tapping on the button in the bottom right corner of a sub-category.
Players can view the different stages of a dragon by selecting a dragon and tapping on the "Age" button. The first tap will turn the baby stage into the juvenile stage, a second tap will turn the juvenile stage into the adult stage, and a third tap turns the adult stage back into the baby stage.
While looking at an individual dragon the player can also view animations of the specific dragon, have an option to buy an available dragon, or find a dragon in their park.
A small triangle with number at the top right of the dragons card in the Dragonarium allows players to see how many of that specific dragon a player has in his/her park. Upon clicking on the triangle, a message card pops up with the dragon's name and the number of that specific dragon a player has.
Player also have access to the Dragonarium Help Menu from any part of the Dragonarium sections by clicking on the "Help" button in the bottom left corner of the screen.
The gray triangle button in the top left corner of the screen will bring the player to the previous screen.
The red-X button in the top right corner of the screen will exit and close the Dragonarium menu.
The Dragonarium uses "Star System" to help keep track of collected dragons and completed sub-categories. The number of stars a player has and the number of stars a player needs for the next upgrade can be viewed in the infobox of the Dragonarium.
When a sub-category is completed by obtaining at least one of each dragon in that sub-category, the specific sub-category button will turn from gray to gold.
Each category and sub-category have a different amount of stars, but stars can range from two to six stars depending on the sub-category.
Depending on how many stars the player has, the appearance of the Dragonarium will change and when the Dragonarium is upgraded, it would receive an animation effect temporarily. The player's screen would automatically be directed to where the Dragonarium is located after receiving the last star for the upgrade.
Note: When a new dragon is released, the animation of the Dragonarium will cease. This is true whether or not acquiring the new dragon will result in an additional star being rewarded. Acquiring the new dragon will, of course, enable the animation again.
|Basic Dragonarium||0 Stars|
|1st Upgrade||10 Stars|
|2nd Upgrade||30 Stars|
|3rd Upgrade||75 Stars|
|Final Upgrade||135 Stars|
|History||Maximum number of Stars|
|May 29, 2014||144|
|July 25, 2014||145|
|August 21, 2014||146|
|September 11, 2014||147|
|October 7, 2014||148|
|October 8, 2014||149|
|October 24, 2014||150|
|December 17, 2014||155|
With the addition of the Dragonarium identifying the rarity of a dragon became easier with specific colors for text, banners, and borders for each dragon button in the Dragonarium.
|Rarity||Text Color||Banner Color||Border Color|
If the dragon is available, the hourglass will be shaded in the color green and if the dragon is unavailable the hourglass will be shaded in the color gray.
A message would pop up on the screen for players if the item is not available upon clicking on the hourglass which is shaded in the color gray.
If there is at least one dragon available in a sub-category which is available the hourglass will be shaded in the color green instead of the color gray.
Finding A Dragon
To use this feature follow these steps:
- Open the Dragonarium.
- Select a category the dragon being searched for is in.
- Select the sub-category the dragon being searched for is in.
- Select the dragon being searched for.
- Tap on the "Find" button in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Select the specific dragon being searched for from the list of that type of dragon.
- Tap on the "Find" button.
An example of tutorial to find the Sakura Dragon can be viewed in the gallery to the right.
With the introduction of the Dragonarium, dragons were assigned specific categories and sub-categories.
The Dragonarium has four main categories, and thirty-three sub-categories.
- The "All" category contains all thirty-three sub-categories.
- The "Elemental" category contains ten of the sub-categories.
- The "Epic" category contains thirteen of the sub-categories.
- The "Special" category contains nine of the sub-categories.
If a player has less than ten Stars then only the first two main categories will appear in the Dragonarium.
- The Dragonarium was added to DragonVale on May 13, 2014 along with the Orchid Dragon, Nectar Dragon, Wisp Dragon, Sulfur Dragon, and Arctic Dragon.
- The Dragonarium has its own soundtrack which is different from the rest of the DragonVale soundtrack.
- A player can access the Dragonarium of his/her friend. Besides that, the "Find" tool can also be used in a player's friend park.
- On September 23, 2014, the Dragonarium's location moved from next to the Starting Island and the Third Island, to near the Epic Breeding Island
- On December 17, 2014, the Dragonarium received a Pedestal Category.
- Having all the Egg Pedestals is not required for the Dragonarium to become animated.