Players were given an opportunity to find candy during normal game play by performing everyday activities. The amount of candy received by doing those activities multiple times gradually decreased throughout the day, but they returned to their higher earning rates at the beginning of the next cycle.
Candy can be purchased for:
- Breeding dragons (selling or hatching dragons).
- Collecting from habitats (dragoncash and gems).
- Collecting treats.
- Visiting friends.
- Clearing obstacles from new islands.
- Purchasing from the market (in the treasure section).
- Using gems (speeding up and upgrading).
- Competing in the Colosseum.
These amounts reset every 24 hours when the candy in the park resets.
- Candy was introduced to DragonVale on October 9, 2014.
- On October 17, 2014, Backflip Studios made it possible to collect twice the amount of candy from completing the tasks in the Whitbee's Candy Bash event and doubled the daily capacity of candy. This was a "weekend only" promotion and only lasted for 72 hours over the course of four reset cycles at the Whitbee's Castle. The special promotion began and ended 10.5 hours into the 24 hour cycle on the first day and last day.
- On October 31, 2014, Backflip Studios repeated this special promotion. It lasted for 73 hours over the course of three reset cycles at the Whitbee's Castle. The special promotion began 10.5 hours into the 24 hour cycle on the first day and last day.
- The extra hour was given due to Daylights Savings Time ending.
- Initially, the candy card in the Treasure section of the market did not list any price on it when the Whitbee's Candy Bash began. This is assumed to be a glitch which was corrected shortly after the event began as players were still able to make in-application purchase normally even though the price was not listed.
- As of November 4, 2014, candy could no longer be collected from any park activity for players whom did not receive all the rewards.
- The candy storage meter was removed.