Due to the high amount of comments on the first thread this thread is being used to decrease lagging when loading.
Wiki Moderators are members of the community with added tools to help the community. They work closely with Administrators to fight against vandalism, spamming and trolls.
Wiki Moderators are given the following tools:
- Block other users from editing
- Rollback spam and vandalism
- Edit and Delete Comments
- Delete unnecessary images
- Delete and undelete content pages
- Move files
Wiki Moderators User Conduct
In addition to page edits made as Wiki members, Wiki Moderators will:
- Delete inappropriate images. These include vulgar, pornographic, racist, or offensive images or images that are unused for an extended period of time.
- Remove any unambiguous spam or vandalism to content pages. Spam may include any comment added that does not pertain to the page content (such as "random comment", "first comment", etc.)
- Remove or edit vulgar, abusive or derogatory comments.
- Remove or edit Game Center requests that violate policy limiting multiple entries on Friends page or any entry on content pages.
- Edit comments containing excessive punctuation, capitalization or emoticons. Users are expected to limit usage of "all caps", punctuation or emoticons to no more than 2-3 occurrences in a comment.
- Delete comments clearly placed on the wrong page (i.e., discussion of obtaining a Topaz dragon on the Rainbow dragon page when there is no connection made between the two).
- Remove user names and formatted signatures from comments.
- Remove comments that are considered spam under Wiki policy (i.e., excessive repetition or have no relation to the page topic).
- Consult with administrators to determine if comment trails have become excessively argumentative or spam-filled. Actions taken when such determination is made will include adding a comment indicating that the thread must end and that subsequent comments will be deleted or, in certain circumstances, deleting all comments in the thread.
- Make every effort to notify users of comments that are changed, either by adding edit notes within the comment or leaving a message for registered users on the user wall.
- Block users who blatantly and voluntarily spam or troll the Wiki.
- Wiki Moderators need to show maturity. This includes quality edits, courtesy, and refraining from heavily roleplaying (like wiki "marriage", indulging in "violent acts" toward another user, etc ...)
- Wiki Moderators are expected to show good behavior both here and on other Wikis. As their conduct will be associated with this wiki, a block or ban on another Wiki as much as here could lead to demotion without further notice.
- Follow process and rules pertaining to Chat Moderator role.
Promoting a Wiki Moderator
Anyone can nominate someone as a candidate to become a Wiki Moderator, but nominations will only be accepted for candidates who meet certain conditions:
- The candidate must have been a Rollback for at least 2 months.
- The candidate needs 3 other users to vouch for him/her within a week. One of these users must be Wiki Moderator or Administrator. The nomination shall count as a vouch except in cases of self-nomination.
- The candidate must not have received a block on this Wiki or another Wiki (This applies for 6 months following the end of the block period).
- The candidate must not also have received a ban on this Wiki's chat site (This applies for 6 months from the end of the ban period).
- The candidate cannot be nominated more than once per 3 months.
- If a nomination is refused due to the candidate not meeting requirements, then it is not considered a nomination and the candidate can be nominated again once the other requirements are met.
- If a nomination is refused due to the candidate not accepting it, then it is not considered a nomination and the candidate can be nominated again at any other time.
If these conditions are NOT met, then the nomination is automatically disqualified.
Once the nomination is made and appropriate vouchers are received, an Administrator will notify the candidate through Message Wall, asking if he/she accepts the nomination.
Confirmation of Nomination
If the user does NOT accept, then the nomination process is automatically stopped.
Upon acceptance, a discussion forum will be opened with the set date that will be agreed upon with the Administrator opening the forum and the candidate. The Discussion Forum will be opened to allow members of the DragonVale Wiki community to discuss the candidate's qualifications.
- Within 24 hours of opening the discussion, the nominee must post a comment providing information as to why s/he is interested in the position and what qualifications s/he has for the role.
- Within 48 hours of opening the discussion, the Wiki Mod or Administrator who provided the voucher for the candidate must post a comment providing information as to why s/he supports the candidacy.
- After the community discussion has been open for 7 days, one of the current administrators will open the Voting Process, wherein community members can indicate whether they support or oppose the candidacy.
- Clearly state whether you support or oppose.
- One vote per person.
- A small explanation of your vote can be provided but people aren't expected to answer to it. This is meant to vote, not discuss.
- Participant must be registered users since before the nomination of the candidate.
- Sockpuppeting will result in a cancellation of the votes and a block of all perpetrators.
- No questions or discussions allowed. Any non-vote will be deleted.
- Voting will last for a week from the time it started.
- If at least 80.0% of the community votes cast are in "Support" of a candidate then the candidate will automatically become a staff member on the DragonVale Wiki in that role.
- If 60.0% to 79.9% of the community votes cast are in "Support" of the candidate then the candidate will go through a one month probation period with the tools. At the end of the one month if more than 80.0% of the community votes cast are in "Support" of the candidate keeping the tools the candidate will keep them. If less than 80.0% of the community votes cast are in "Support" after the probation period the tools will be removed.
- Users that do not support the candidate in the post-probation voting thread should list at least one point that the user could improve in the probation period, so that the user can use it to improve; the points should be reasonable and not being personal reasons.
- If less than 60.0% of the community votes cast are in "Support" in the vote then the candidate does not receive the tools or a probation period.
- Candidates can be nominated again three months from the end of their probation/end of the vote.
- If the candidate is accepted for promotion, a bureaucrat will make the user rights changes. If there are no bureaucrats, then one of the administrators should send a message to Wikia staff at Special:Contact/general with a link to the discussion/vote and a request to promote the user.
Nominations can be made HERE
Procedure for nominating
- Make sure your candidate meets the above mentioned requirements.
- You can nominate yourself, but it's better if someone else does.
- Make sure the candidate hasn't been nominated already.
- Should that be the case, you can vouch for the candidate instead of nominating him/her.
- To vouch for a candidate Simply COMMENT that you do so. Remember a Wiki Moderator candidate must have another Wiki Moderator or Administrator vouching for him/her.
- You can Kudos a nomination, but it will BEAR NO WEIGHT on the candidature.
- You can only nominate OR vouch for ONE Wiki Moderator per week.